About Bilbao Metropoli 30
Bilbao Metropoli 30 is a non-profit public-private association, created in 1991, which reflects on the future of the Bilbao metropolitan area. Its main purpose is to carry out planning, promotion, studies, research and actions aimed at revitalizing the area.
Bilbao Metropoli 30 is therefore in charge of promoting a sustained Strategic Reflection on the long-term vision of Metropolitan Bilbao, coordinating the participation of its associated entities and improving the internal and external image of the Bilbao metropolitan area.
Strategic metropolitan planning.
Bilbao Metropoli 30 specializes in strategic metropolitan planning, integrating economic, social, cultural and environmental considerations into long-term development.
Public-private stakeholders’ cooperation.
Bilbao Metropoli 30 places great importance on stakeholder collaboration in urban development processes.
Multi-scalar urban and territorial policies.
The successful urban transformation of Metropolitan Bilbao is attributed to its effective coordination of policies at various scales and Bilbao Metropoli 30 stands out for its expertise in navigating, regional, metropolitan and urban policies.
Mission and objectives
Our mission is to:
- Promote the revitalization process of Metropolitan Bilbao, through projects that contribute to the prosperity and well-being of citizens of the metropolis.
- Provoke strategic thinking about the future of our metropolis with our partners and for our partners.
- Bring to our metropolis the most avant-garde and pioneering international thinking on urban development in the world.
- Work on the development of projects in the metropolitan area.
- Act as a catalyst for all ideas and objectives in a shared transformative vision in which all our efforts converge.
- Generate international strategic alliances.
- Engage and articulate the participation of civil society.
- Develop public-private partnership initiatives aligned with our goals.
We are metropolis!
Why The Bay Awards
Bilbao and its metropolis were able to carry out a profound revitalization process, relying on the contribution of people who represented the public, private and social sectors. They had a common fervent conviction of the need to take risky decisions to promote a qualitative and ambitious strategic leap. This implied a reinvention of our competitiveness relying on who we are: a land of opportunities, of enterprising and supportive people, faithful to our identity, and willing to share our challenges with the world.
At Bilbao Metropoli 30, we are aware that all cities and metropolises globally face similar challenges. We therefore need to generate and share knowledge and experiences.
For this reason, we want to spark and strengthen alliances between cities, regions, organizations and people around the world that have the same objectives and wish to share reflections and knowledge to enrich our collective responses to today’s pressing urban challenges.
Bilbao, Biscay and the Basque Country are the hosts of The Bay Awards.
The Bay Awards objectives
The Bay Awards is an opportunity to mobilize the exchange of pioneering and disruptive knowledge on how to best address the urban challenges of our century, guided by the following objectives:
• Developing an innovative international network that is rooted in the cutting-edge knowledge of renowned experts and institutions that work on the great urban challenges of the future.
• Promoting world-class urban strategic thinking that bridges the disciplines and boundaries involved in constructing cities.
• Fostering public-private-civic collaboration ecosystems to create synergies and build bridges that allow for the development of transformational projects of a strategic nature and greater impact.
• Growing a network of leading innovative nodes to prototype and develop transformational projects that test cutting-edge solutions for global challenges.
• Celebrating pathbreaking projects from across the world.
The Bay Awards partners
The Bay Awards International Summit and Gala take place in our metropolis, in Bilbao, and on this journey, Bilbao Metropoli 30 is accompanied by: